Easton – River de Chute Centreville Border Crossing – Ladner Road / Smugglers Road
This is a lightly used border crossing with limited hours. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed. The Trans-Canada Highway passes near the Canadian side of the border. The U.S. port handles about 4,000 crossings per year. Summer is the busiest time of the year but even then U.S. Customs handles only about 450 vehicles per month between June and September.
Easton / River de Chute Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- The U.S. port hours of operation are 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Seven Days A Week.
- The Canadian port is listed as open 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 7 days a week with commercial Services available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
Current Road Conditions in Maine and New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Easton / River de Chute Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in color if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Travel Tips – Easton / River de Chute Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Easton and River de Chute
- Easton U.S. Border Office Contact Information: (207) 488-6958
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Easton Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: