Forest City Border Crossing – Forest City Road
This is a very sleepy town with a very low volume border crossing. It is reported that many days see fewer than 5 cars crossing the border at this location. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Forest City Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- The U.S. border station shows its hours of operation as follows: 8:00 AM-7:00 PM, Seven Days A Week, June 1 through September 1st. Between September 3rd and May 31 it lists hours of 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
- The Canadian port has the following hours of operation: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, 7 days a week. Commercial Services are available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Fredericton District in New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Forest City Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Traveller Tips – Forest City
- It appears that PortPASS/CanPASS Credentials are still useful during certain periods but we suggest you confirm this directly with the border offices before attempting a border crossing. The penalties for illegal border crossings are significant and neither accident or ignorance will excuse you from their imposition.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Forest City
- Forest City U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 448-2288
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Forest City Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45°39’48″N 67°43’40″W