Milltown / Saint Stephen – North Street / Milltown Boulevard
This is one of the two older border crossings in Calais / Saint Stephen and it has been helped immensely by the opening of International Avenue crossing to it’s west. Milltown had suffered from significant congestion and delays but they have subsided dramatically.
This port is now available to automobiles only – trucks and other commercial vehicles will be turned around and sent to the new International Avenue crossing.
Miltown Port Information
- Hours of Operation – The U.S. and Canadian ports are open 7am to 11pm EST, 7 days a week, year around.
- Autos only! No trucks.
- NEXUS not available
|Entering the U.S. at Milltown||Entering Canada at Saint Stephen
At 11:00 am EST
1 lane(s) open
Source: U.S. Customs and Border Protection & Canadian Border Services Agency
Map of the Miltown / St. Stephen Border Crossing Area
To view the traffic conditions at the Calais border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the Milltown border crossing.
Travel Tips – Milltown Border Crossing
- RV travellers should note that the new Calais International crossing has a lot more room than this older port.
- Pedestrians are allowed to cross at this port.
- You can dial 511 or 1-866-282-7578 on your phone to access 24 / 7 road conditions information in Maine.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Milltown Border Crossing GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.170133, -67.296702
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Milltown
- Milltown U.S. Customs Office Contact Information: (207) 454-3713
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.