Saint Pamphile Border Crossing – Blanchette Road / Route Elgin sud, South Elgin Road
The Maine border near Quebec is a rugged mountain area that is very lightly populated. This crossing is used mainly by logging trucks so it is only open during normal business hours. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Ste. Pamphile Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- US Hours of operation for this port – 6:00 am to 9:00 pm weekdays, 8:00am to 4:00pm Saturday. Appears to be closed on Sunday.
- Canadian hours of operation for this port listed as Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm only. Closed on Canadian Labour Day.
- Canadian commercial services 9:00 am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday..
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the St. Pamphile Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Travel Tips – St. Pamphile Customs and Border Crossing Tips
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Maine or by dialing 1-866-282-7578.
- Québec 511 also maintains a telephone service, available 24/7, which provides “almost” real time road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Pamphile
- Pamphile U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (418) 356-3222
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
St. Pamphile Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46.942542, -69.750338