Warroad / Sprague Border Crossing – MN 313 / MB 12
Warroad is the 4th heaviest used border crossing in Minnesota and is the 3rd most used truck crossing in the state. It is in the top half of all border crossings between the U.S. and Canada. The area around this port is an expansive, open wetland bog.
Warroad / Sprague Port Information
- Hours of operation – open 24 hours per day, 7 days week, year round.
- This port has a NEXUS enrollment center
- Canadian Commercial Services are only available – 8am to 5pm M-F, except holidays
- This is a Class A U.S. port which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Current Road Conditions in Minnesota and Manitoba
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Minnesota and the Province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Current Driving Conditions for Minnesota Highway 313
Below are any reports for MN Highway 313. If it is blank then roads are normal:
Source: Minnesota Department of Transportation
Map of Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current congestion data if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. The orange “man” will give you a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Warroad / Sprague Border Crossing
- Click on the image on the right to get a view of the traffic flow and building layout. The lanes on the left side are entering the U.S. from Canada. The darker brown lane on the right is traffic heading towards Canada from the U.S.
- Minnesota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in the state. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system and then enter the highway number for incident reports. The 511 out-of-state phone number is: (800) 542-0220.
- Port GPS Coordinates – longitude and latitude:48.998967, -95.376067
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Warroad and Sprague
- Warroad U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (218) 386-2796
- For information on the Canadian port you will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS).