Noonan / Estevan – ND Highway 40 / SK Highway 47
Highway 47, heading north out of Estevan up to Stoughton has been named the “most dangerous highway in Saskatchewan.” The roadway is in bad shape with missing chunks of pavement, ruts, potholes and signs warning of “road hazards ahead”. In addition, Canadian Highway 39, which links Estevan with the city of Regina, is a heavy truck corridor with high traffic volume and has been the site of many fatal traffic accidents. Most of the traffic on the highway consists of large semi-trailer trucks including massive oil field and coal company vehicles. Road improvements have been planned, and a 13-kilometer Hwy 39 bypass route north of Estevan which opened in 2015 should help.
Noonan / Estevan Customs and Border Crossing Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- Southbound hours of operation – 9:00 AM-10:00 PM, 7 Days A Week
Northbound hours of operation – 8am to 9pm, 2nd Sunday in March to 1st Saturday in November. 9am to 10pm for the rest of the year. 7 days a week, year round.
Map of Noonan / Estevan Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Saskatchewan
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Saskatchewan . These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Noonan / Estevan Border Crossing Travel Tips
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which provides updated road condition information. You can reach it by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily or more often if conditions warrant.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Noonan and Estevan
- Noonan U.S. Customs Border Office: (701) 925-5615
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Noonan Estevan Port GPS Coordinates – Longitude and Latitude: 48.999248, -103.00493