Beecher Falls / East Hereford – Vermont Highway 253, Township Highway 1 / Quebec 253
There are two ports of entry between Canada and the U.S. in the town of Canaan, Vermont. The most westerly is Canaan / Hereford while Beecher Falls / East Hereford is further to the east. These fairly low volume border crossings which are used primarily by local residents and vacation travelers.
Beecher Falls / East Hereford Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week for auto traffic
- More limited hours for commercial traffic. Call the Border Office for more information.
- No NEXUS or FAST lanes.
Map of the Beecher Falls / East Hereford Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Road Conditions in Vermont and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Vermont and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Travel Tips for Beecher Falls / East Hereford Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Send us YOUR tips for this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Beecher Falls and East Hereford
- Beecher Falls U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (802) 266-3336
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Beecher Falls / East Hereford Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.013391, -71.505316