Eastport / Kingsgate Border Crossing
Eastport is a fairly heavily used port which is located on U.S. Hwy 95 and British Columbia Hwy 95.
Canada constructed a new customs facility in 2012 which has a primary inspection canopy over three lanes. It features bi-level booths with a standard-level window for cars and trucks a window at a height suitable for semis. A separate warehouse has two bays to allow the complete offloading of semis when a total search is necessary. On occasions when semis crossing at Rykerts or Roosville must be searched, they are escorted by Canadian Customs to this facility.
Eastport / Kingsgate Port information
- This border crossing is open into both the U.S. and Canada 24 Hrs per day, 7 days a week, year round.
- This is a Class A U.S. port which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Map of Eastport / Kingsgate Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this border crossing by clicking on the “Directions” link below the map.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Eastport / Kingsgate
- Eastport U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (208) 267-3966
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.
Idaho and British Columbia Road Advisories
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for both the State of Idaho and for the Province of British Columbia. These pages show all weather conditions, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork around the Eastport / Kingsgate border crossing.
Eastport / Kingsgate Border Crossing Travel Tips
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- You can get current road condition information in Idaho by calling 511 or 888-432-7623.
- Whitlash, MT handles all the export clearance for Eastport.
- There is a Duty Free Americas Shop at Highway 95 & Canadian Border in Eastport. Telephone: (208) 267 – 9598. Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday thru Sunday
- There is a BC Duty Free Shop at 6982 Highway 95 in Yahk, BC. Telephone 250-424-5255
- Eastport / Kingsgate GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: : 49.00072, -116.18087
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!