We are constantly adding more information so check back often to stay on top of changes at the border. Here are some of the topics in each section:
Everything you need to know to get through your Customs inspection
- Required documentation
- Criminal offenses on your record
- Duties & Taxes – how much will you owe?
- Duty Free Shopping
- Prohibited items
- Driving a borrowed vehicle
- Importing a vehicle
- Child travel consent letter for children traveling without their parents
- border wait times
- traffic conditions
- Hours of operation
- Contact information
- Travel tips about the port
- Lane information, Maps & GPS coordinates
- Bridge tolls for all the bridges between the U.S. and Canada
- NEXUS lane locations and hours for the border crossings
- Road conditions
- When to Avoid the Border
- Holiday traffic conditions
- Official Government Contacts
There are a lot of pages in this site so you may want to search for the topics you are interested in. You can use our search tools on this page.
This site IS NOT intended to help you EVADE border security or to cross into either the United States or Canada illegally. We will not allow any post that would aid illegal border crossing.
The laws, traffic conditions, and absolutely everything we write about on this site is constantly changing. We therefore offer the information on this website without any representation, guarantee or warranty as to the correctness, merchantability or suitability for ANY purpose. We will accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions, or for any loss or damage, consequential or otherwise, suffered as a result of anything you may find on this website. YOU MUST take your own steps to make sure that you understand the rules, regulations, and travel requirements for crossing the border. We give you many links to the United States Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. State Department, the Canadian Border Services Agency, and other governmental agencies so you can make sure you are prepared for your trip. USE THEM to ensure your border crossing will go smoothly!