Minnesota Border Crossings
Minnesota’s 547 mile, 880 kilometer, border with Canada includes the Provinces of Manitoba and Ontario. The most heavily travelled border crossings are at International Falls, Grand Portage, Baudette, and Warroad. These are also the major trucking portals between Canada and Minnesota.
Detailed Information on Each Minnesota Border Crossing
Below are links to our pages with detailed information on each of the drivable border crossings between the State of Minnesota and Canada. These pages include travel tips, current border wait times, road conditions and other real time information. As you read down the list you are seeing the border crossings running from West to East.
- Lancaster / Tolstoi
- Pinecreek / Piney
- Roseau / South Junction
- Warroad / Sprague
- Angle Inlet
- Baudette / Rainy River
- International Falls / Fort Frances
- Grand Portage / Pigeon River
Traveler Information for North Dakota
- Important! Not all Border Crossings in Minnesota have the same regulations and hours of operations. Make sure you confirm these items and road conditions before you leave. You can do this by using the website and telephone numbers we provide in the listing for each border crossing.
- Minnesota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in the state. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system and then enter the highway number for incident reports. The 511 out-of-state phone number is: (800) 542-0220.
- Minnesota has approved the issuance of an Enhanced Drivers License.