There are 21 bridges or tunnels between the United States and Canada and many of them charge a toll. There are typically no other border crossing charges between these two countries – except of course for taxes and duties on goods you purchased in the country you visited.
Below we have separate links that take you to pages that show current toll information for each of these bridge border crossings. If you have problems with any of these pages or spot any errors please email ezbordercrossing.com so we make the necessary repairs.
Most bridge tolls can be paid in either U.S. or Canadian dollars. You can also use credit cards but keep in mind that you may pay a foreign transaction fee. For example, if you are using a Canadian credit card and you are paying the toll to a U.S. company, you will be charged in American dollars. This can be considered a foreign country transaction. You will need to check with your credit card company to see if they will handle your transaction this way.
Several of these toll bridges are part of the E-Zpass system. E‑ZPass members receive “tags” that are typically mounted on the inside of your vehicle’s windshield behind the rear-view mirror. The tags are RFID transponders and they communicate with reader equipment mounted in some, or all, of the toll lanes. You use your credit card to charge the tags with funds and the tolls are automatically deducted when you pass the reader equipment in the proper the toll lanes.
Bridges Connecting Ontario to the state of Minnesota
- Baudette-Rainy River International Bridge – No Toll
- Fort Frances-International Falls International Bridge
Bridges Connecting Ontario to the state of Michigan
Bridges Connecting Ontario to the state of New York
- Peace Bridge
- Rainbow Bridge
- Whirlpool Rapids Bridge
- Queenston-Lewiston Bridge
- Thousand Islands Bridge
- Ogdensburg–Prescott International Bridge
- Seaway International Bridge – Three Nations Crossing Bridge
Bridge Connecting Quebec to Vermont
- Glen Sutton – East Richford Bridge – No Toll
Bridges Connecting New Brunswick to Maine
- Saint Croix-Vanceboro Bridge – No Toll
- Clair-Fort Kent Bridge – No Toll
- Edmundston – Madawaska Bridge – No Toll
- St. Leonard – Van Buren Bridge – No Toll
- Forest City Bridge – No Toll
- Milltown International Bridges – No Toll
- Franklin Delanor Rosevellt Bridge – Campobello / Lubec Bridge – No Toll
See our updates and travel tips on the COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.