Ferry Point Crossing – Calais / Saint Stephen – Maine Route 9 / New Brunswick Route 1
This is one of the two older border crossings in Calais / Saint Stephen that should be immensely helped by the new International Avenue crossing opened in 2010. Ferry Point had suffered from significant congestion as it was once a major commercial crossing.
This port is now available to automobiles only – trucks and other commercial vehicles will be turned around and sent to the new International Avenue crossing.
Ferry Point Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, year around for autos only.
- No commercial services are offered at this port. Trucks will be turned around if they approach this port.
Border Wait Time Entering the U.S. at Ferry Point
At 2:00 am EDT
1 lane(s) open
Source: U.S. Customs and Border Patrol
Current Road Conditions in Maine and New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the Ferry Point border crossing in Calais.
Map of the Ferry Point / Calais Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to Calais by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Ferry Point Border Crossing Travel Tips
- Pedestrians are allowed to cross at this port and many people walk between the St. Stephen and Calais shopping areas.
- You can dial 511 or 1-866-282-7578 on your phone to access 24 / 7 road conditions information in Maine.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- RV travellers should note that the new Calais International crossing has a lot more room than this older port.
- Ferry Point Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:45.192018, -67.283629
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ferry Point / Calais
- Ferry Point U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 454-3621
- Call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian Port at Ferry Point in Calais