Baudette / Rainy River Border Crossing – MN 71, International Drive / ON 11, Atwood Ave
This is the most westerly border crossing between Minnesota and Ontario Province and is the 4th busiest crossing in Minnesota. It is used mainly by vacationers and local autos with little truck traffic.
Baudette / Rainy River Port Information
- Hours of Operation – 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week, year round.
- U.S. and Canadian Commercial services are available 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week.
- RFID technology has been installed to read U.S. Passport Card, Enhanced Driver’s License or Trusted Traveler Program cards such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST. We are not clear if there is any special lane for cardholders.
- This is a Class A U.S. port which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Current Road Conditions in Minnesota and Ontario
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Minnesota and the Province of Ontario. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of Baudette / Rainy River Border Crossing Area
Traffic information is shown in bright colors if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Baudette / Rainy River
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Baudette, Minnesota and here is another link for places to stay in International Falls, Minnesota and Fort Frances, Canada.
- Minnesota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in the state. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system and then enter the highway number for incident reports. The 511 out-of-state phone number is: (800) 542-0220.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers: Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686, In Toronto Area: 416-235-4686, Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929, Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- Port GPS Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 48.719119, -94.59043
- Send us your tips about this border crossing!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at the Baudette / Rainy River Port
- Baudette U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (218) 634-2803
- You will need to call the U.S. and Canadian Border Information Services for information on the Rainy River port and for border crossing rules and regulations.