Piegan / Carway – US Hwy 89 / AB Hwy 2
This is the third heaviest border crossing in Montana, but it is used almost exclusively by local and vacation auto traffic.
Piegan / Carway Port Information
- U.S. side hours of operation – 8am to 6pm MT, 7 days a week.
- Canada side hours of operation – 7 am to 11 pm MT, 7 days a week
Travel Tips for the Piegan Carway Customs and Border Crossing
- Here are handy links to hotels in Montana and Alberta Canada.
- You can retrieve Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1-800-226-7623 or 1-800-335-7592 (TTY)
- Road Reports for the Province of Alberta are available through by calling 1-877-AMA-HWYS (1-877-262-4997).
- Piegan is a U.S. “Permit Port”, which means that importations of cargo must be approved in advance by the Great Falls Service Port. Contact the Supervisory Entry Officer at 406-453-7631.
- There is NO duty free coming from the USA to Canada at this border crossing. Canadians should KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS for items purchased in Canada and the U.S.
- Piegan Carway Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 48.99847, -113.37869
Current Road Conditions in Montana and AlbertaBABB WEATHER
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Montana and the Province of Alberta. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of Piegan / Carway Border Crossing Area
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Piegan / Carway
- Piegan U.S. Customs Office Contact Information: (406) 732-5572
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.