Piegan / Carway – US Hwy 89 / AB Hwy 2
Piegan / Carway Port Information
- Hours of Operation – Daytime service only 7am to 11pm year round.
- The hours of operation for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so should call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
Current Road Conditions in Montana and Alberta
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Montana and the Province of Alberta. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of Piegan / Carway Border Crossing Area
Travel Tips for the Piegan Carway Customs and Border Crossing
- You can retrieve Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1.800.226.7623 or 1.800.335.7592 (TTY)
- Road Reports for the Province of Alberta are available through by calling 1-877-AMA-HWYS (1-877-262-4997).
- Piegan is a U.S. “Permit Port”, which means that importations of cargo must be approved in advance by the Great Falls Service Port. Contact the Supervisory Entry Officer at 406-453-7631
- There is NO duty free coming from the USA to Canada at this border crossing. Canadians should KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS for items purchased in Canada and the U.S.
- Piegan Carway Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 48.99847, -113.37869
- Send us YOUR tips on this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Piegan / Carway
- Piegan U.S. Customs Office Contact Information: (406) 732-5572
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.
See our updates and travel tips on the COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.