Turner Road, MT State Hwy 241 / SK 37
This is a lightly traveled port and it’s service hours change by the season. You may want to call the border office to confirm that the hours of operation have not changed. Be aware that most of Saskatchewan observes Central Standard Time year round and does not shift to Daylight Saving Time. Note that when daylight savings time changes, the Canadian port hours at Climax shifts to 10 am to 7 pm while Turner Montana remains open 9 am to 6 pm.
Turner / Climax Port Information
- U.S. Customs is open 7 days a week with seasonal hours of operation. They are open September 16 to May 31 – 9 am-6 pm. From June 1 to September 15 – 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Canadian Customs is also open 7 days a week with seasonal hours of operation. From the second Sunday in March to May 31: 9 am to 6 pm. From June 1 to September 15: 8 am to 9 pm. September 16 to the first Saturday in November: 9 am to 6 pm. From the first Sunday in November until the second Saturday in March the hours are 10 am to 7 pm.
- Canadian Commercial services are also seasonal and have more limited hours of operation so call the border office to confirm their exact hours.
Montana and Saskatchewan Road Advisories
We have a special pages showing all current road conditions and traffic alerts for both the State of Montana and the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages list all lane closures or blockages, weather conditions, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork.
Map of Turner / Climax Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in color if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Turner / Climax Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1.800.226.7623 or 1.800.335.7592 (TTY)
- Saskatchewan also has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623.
- Turner / Climax Port GPS coordinates: 48°59’59″N 108°23’16″W
- Send us YOUR tips about this port.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Turner / Climax
- Turner U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (406) 379-2651
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.