Lewiston-Queenston Bridge – Lewiston and Queenston on US Interstate 190 and Ontario 405
The Lewiston-Queenston Bridge in the Niagara Region is the fourth-busiest commercial land crossing between Canada and the United States and is typically the worst choice for crossing the border in the Niagara area. Peak period wait times of over 30 minutes are typical and longer than each of the other bridges in the Niagara area. Five-mile backups of traffic entering the US have pushed traffic back to the Queen Elizabeth Way in Canada. When that happens, local authorities close that exit on the QEW and route all of the traffic towards the Peace Bridge.
The bridge has two plazas, one on the United States side and one on the Canadian side. The toll booth for the bridge is located in the United States plaza. Vehicles crossing over the bridge westbound into Canada must pay a toll. There is no toll when entering the United States (eastbound). See our page on current Lewiston-Queenston Bridge tolls for more information.
Lewiston-Queenston Bridge Port Information
- This border crossing is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
- The bridge has five reversible lanes that can handle both passenger autos and commercial trucks.
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. Nexus lanes are not typically open 24/7, so we have a separate page showing their hours of operation.
- Trucks approaching the U.S. are separated from cars three miles from the border.
- Trucks entering the U.S. can enter the dedicated F.A.S.T. lane approximately 1 mile before the bridge, although all customs lanes are capable of processing F.A.S.T. loads.
- FAST hours of Operation, M-Th 9am to 9pm, Friday 9am to 12 noon
- FAST lane is closed on all U.S. and Canadian holidays.
- This bridge has E-ZPass lanes, so E-ZPass holders can pass through the plaza without stopping at the toll booth.
- Tour bus lanes are designated.
- No pedestrians are allowed on the bridge
- Licensed taxi service is permitted
Current Traffic at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge
Always check our page with current traffic, road conditions, and border wait times to see what’s happening right now at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge border crossing.
Lewiston-Queenston Bridge Port of Entry Location Map
Lewiston-Queenston Bridge Travel Tips
- Here is a handy link to hotels in New York state and here is another link to hotels in Ontario Province on the Canadian side of the border.
- Duty free shop: There’s a duty free shop on the Canadian side of the border at Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, Queenston, ON L0S 1L0, Canada. It’s open 6am – 10pm, seven days a week.
- Traffic is heaviest May through September, with Friday being the most congested day of the week.
- There are numerous overhead road signs that will alert you to bridge delays and other road conditions. Depending on how far you are from the bridge, conditions can change substantially when you get there.
- Road / traffic updates
- Travelers can obtain current border traffic conditions by calling the Niagara Falls Bridge Commission’s toll free number at 1-800-715-6722.
- AM radio station 1610 broadcasts when there is significant travel advisory information. You should tune to this station when you notice flashing yellow lights on area roadside signs or when indicated on overhead Message Signs.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers: Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686, Toronto Area: 416-235-4686, Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929, Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- Remember to also check this page for a collection of real-time traffic information.
- Buffalo Bills football games can significantly impact traffic on the bridge.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop at 200 Industrial Drive, Lewiston, NY that is open 24 Hours / 7 Days a Week. Telephone: (716) 284 – 9734
- GPS coordinates: Latitude & Longitude: 43°9’10″N 79°2’39″W
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge
- U.S. Customs at Lewiston: Telephone Number: (716) 843-8300.
- Niagara Falls Bridge Commission: From U.S. – 716-285-6322, From Canada 905-354-5641
- Canadian Customs is located at 14154 Niagara Parkway, Highway 405, Niagara-on-the-Lake ON L0S 1J0. Call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
- Canadian Services at the Queenston port:
- Low Value Shipments Program (LVS)
- Duty-Free Shop (SHOP)
- Highway/Land Border Office (HWY/B)
- Designated Export Reporting Office (EXPORT)
- NEXUS/Highway (NEXUS/HWY)
- e-Longroom – Release (ELR/RELEASE)
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Accounts Receivable Ledger Office (ARL)
- e-Longroom – Manifest (ELR/MANIFEST)
- Designated Commercial Office (DCO)