Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge – Ogdensburg / Johnstown – NY 812 / ON 16
The Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge connects directly with the main north-south highway leading to Ottawa, but is not connected to the interstate highway system in the United States. As a result, commercial traffic on the Ogdensburg bridge is about one-tenth that of the Thousand Islands Bridge. Although traffic is heavy, the bridge has unused capacity and border crossings are relatively easy. If you are entering the United States from Canada you will pass through the customs border station before paying a toll.
Current Border Wait Time Entering Canada at the International Bridge
2013-12-10 04:58 EST
Passenger Vehicles: No delay
Commercial Vehicles: No delay
Map of Border Crossing Area with Real-time Traffic
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in color if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Current Road Conditions in Ontario and New York
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Ontario. These pages show problems such as roadway snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork.
Port Information for the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge
- Hours of Operation – The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- This port is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week for auto and commercial traffic.
- FAST Equipped.
- The Canadian port was upgraded in 2012 and now has 4 primary inspection lanes and 2 commercial processing lanes.
- This is a Class A U.S. port which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Travel Tips for the Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels around Ogdensburg, New York and here is another link to hotels in Ottawa, Canada.
- There are various construction projects underway at this port that will cause occasional delays. This bridge is rarely very busy so delays are most likely on major shopping days or holidays. The construction is being done in phases and will be completed in 2012. You could consider alternative crossings at Thousand Islands or Seaway Bridges if you notice that there are delays expected at this port when you are planning on using it.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get ”almost” real time road conditions information.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers: Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686, Toronto Area: 416-235-4686, Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929, Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- Signs directing you to the bridge are not very good in Canada. There is only one Highway sign that says “NY 37″ on the Canadian side. Canada is aware of this problem but additional signs are awaiting funding as of 1/1/12.
- There is a Duty Free America Shop 104 International Bridge Approach ,Ogdensburg, Telephone: (315) 393 – 0480. Hours: 9am to 9pm Monday Thru Sunday
- Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 44.733307, -75.458047
- Send us your tips about this port.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ogdensburg / Prescott
- Ogdensburg U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (315) 393-1390
- Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority: 315-393-4080
- Call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian Port at Prescott