The Ogdensburg–Prescott International Bridge is a 1.5 mile long bridge that connects Ogdensburg, NY to Johnstown, ON in Canada. On the Canadian side, the bridge connects to Highway 16, a highway which interchanges with Highway 401 and Highway 416 that continues north to Ottawa. On the American side, the bridge connects to New York State Route 812, which connects with New York State Route 37 a few blocks from the southern end.
This border crossing tends to have short or no wait times, making it a quick option for truckers and travelers alike.
Port Information for the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge
- Hours of operation
- US Customs: 8am to midnight
- Canadian Customs: 24 hours a day
- FAST Equipped.
- The Canadian port has 4 primary inspection lanes and 2 commercial processing lanes.
- See our page Tolls on Bridges Along the U.S. Canada Border for the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge toll.
- Location: connects Ogdensburg NY and Johnstown Ontario on NY 812 and ON 16
Wait Times at the Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge Border Crossing
|Estimated wait time to reach the inspection booth. Updated hourly.||Entering the U.S. at Ogdensburg Bridge – Open 24 hrs/day|
Last Update: At 3:00 pm EDT
|Entering Canada at Prescott|
Last Update: 2022-07-05 13:14 EDT
|Personal Vehicles||no delay||No delay|
|Commercial Vehicles||no delay||No delay|
Travel Tips for the Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels around Ogdensburg, New York, and another to hotels in Ottawa, Canada.
- Road / traffic updates
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers: Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686, Toronto Area: 416-235-4686, Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929, Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- Duty free shops
- On the Canadian side of the bridge, there is a duty free shop called Johnstown Duty Free Store at 1028 Hwy 16, Prescott, ON K0E 1T0. Telephone: 613-925-1024 Toll Free: 1-888-607-5655. E-mail: [email protected]
- On the American side of the bridge, there is a Duty Free America Shop at 104 International Bridge Approach, Ogdensburg, Telephone: (315) 393 – 0480.
- Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 44.733307, -75.458047
Current Road Conditions in Ontario and New York
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of New York and the province of Ontario near the Ogdensburg Prescott ports. These pages show problems such as roadway snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork.OGDENSBURG WEATHER
Traffic Conditions Map for the Ogdensburg Prescott Int Bridge Crossing
To view the traffic conditions at the Ogdensburg Prescott International Bridge border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ogdensburg / Prescott
- Ogdensburg U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (315) 393-1390
- For Agriculture Questions, call (315) 482-2261 ext. 294.
- For Immigration Questions, call (315) 393-0770.
- For Vehicle Exports, call (315) 393-2886 Monday – Friday between hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM.
- For Cargo Export Questions, contact the Duty Supervisory at (315) 393-1390, and press 5.
- Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority: 315-393-4080.
- For Canadian Customs at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.