The Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge connects directly with the main north-south highway leading to Ottawa, but is not connected to the interstate highway system in the United States. As a result, commercial traffic on the Ogdensburg bridge is about one-tenth that of the Thousand Islands Bridge. Although traffic is heavy, the bridge has unused capacity and border crossings are relatively easy.
Port Information for the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge
- This port is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week for auto and commercial traffic.
- FAST Equipped.
- The Canadian port has 4 primary inspection lanes and 2 commercial processing lanes.
- See our page Tolls on Bridges Along the U.S. Canada Border for the Ogdensburg-Prescott International Bridge toll.
- Location: connects Ogdensburg NY and Johnstown Ontario on NY 812 and ON 16
Travel Tips for the Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels around Ogdensburg, New York and here is another link to hotels in Ottawa, Canada.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers: Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686, Toronto Area: 416-235-4686, Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929, Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- On the Canadian Side of the bridge there is a duty free shop called Johnstown Duty Free Store at 1028 Hwy 16, Prescott, ON K0E 1T0. Telephone: 613-925-1024 Toll Free: 1-888-607-5655. E-mail: [email protected]
- On the American side of the bridge, there is a Duty Free America Shop at 104 International Bridge Approach, Ogdensburg, Telephone: (315) 393 – 0480. Hours: 9am to 9pm Monday Thru Sunday
- Ogdensburg-Prescott Bridge GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 44.733307, -75.458047
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ogdensburg / Prescott
- Ogdensburg U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (315) 393-1390
- Ogdensburg Bridge and Port Authority: 315-393-4080
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Wait Times at the Peace Bridge Border Crossing
|Estimated wait time to reach the inspection booth. Updated hourly.||Entering the U.S. at Ogdensburg Bridge – Open 24 hrs/day
Last Update: At 10:00 am EST
|Entering Canada at Prescott
Last Update: 2020-11-25 08:31 EST
|Personal Vehicles||no delay||No delay|
|Commercial Vehicles||no delay||No delay|
Current Road Conditions in Ontario and New York
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Ontario near the Ogdensburg Prescott ports. These pages show problems such as roadway snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork.
Traffic Conditions Map for the Ogdensburg Prescott Int Bridge Crossing
To view the traffic conditions at the Ogdensburg Prescott International Bridge border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.