The Seaway Bridge was re-named the Three Nations Bridge Crossing in recognition of all 3 Nations it connects: Canada, Akwesasne, and the U.S.A. The “bridge” actually consists of two separate bridges – one that spans the St. Lawrence Seaway from Massena and another that connects the Canadian city of Cornwall to Akwesasne (on Cornwall Island). The Seaway crossing carries more passenger vehicles than any other crossing in Northern New York, although most of the traffic is local.
Three Nations Bridge Border Crossing Information
- This border crossing is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for autos and commercial traffic
- See our page Tolls for Bridges Along the U.S. Canada Border for toll rates for this bridge
- The bridge links New York Highway 37 and Ontario Highway 138.
Current Traffic and Road Conditions for the Seaway Bridge Border Crossing
Always check our page with current traffic, road conditions, and border wait times to see what’s happening right now at the Seaway Bridge border crossing.
Three Nations Bridge Travel Tips
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Cornwall, Ontario, and another to hotels in Massena, New York.
- The bridge is pretty well marked as to which lanes to use for autos, RV’s, or trucks.
- Road condition / traffic updates
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road condition information.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers:
- Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686
- Toronto Area: 416-235-4686
- Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929
- Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- Remember to also check this page for a collection of real-time traffic information.
- Duty free shop
- There is a Duty Free America’s shop at the American Bridge Plaza. Telephone: (315) 769 – 2640
- Seaway Bridge Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 44.990520, -74.739631
Location of the Massena / Cornwall Ports of Entry
Telephone Numbers for Customs Offices at the Three Nations Bridge
- Massena U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (315) 769-3091
- For Canadian Customs at Cornwall, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
- Seaway International Bridge Corporation: Administration Building (Cornwall Island) 200 Akwesasne International Road, Akwesasne, Ontario K6H 5R7.
- Telephone Number: 613-932-6601. Use this telephone number for questions about bridge tolls and bridge information.