Seaway Bridge – Massena, Rooseveltown / Cornwall – NY Hwy 37 / ON Hwy 138
This bridge was re-named the Three Nations Bridge Crossing in recognition of all 3 Nations it connects: Canada, Akwasasne, and the U.S.A. The “bridge” actually consists of two separate bridges – one that spans the St. Lawrence Seaway and the other connects the City of Cornwall to Akwesasne (on Cornwall Island). The Seaway crossing carries more passenger vehicles than any other crossing in Northern New York although most of the traffic is local.
In January 2014, the Seaway International Bridge opened a new “low-level” bridge linking Cornwall to Cornwall Island and the CBSA moved to a new location in Cornwall shown in the picture above. This greatly improved entry to Canada and wait times are way down from the delays before the span was installed. The eventual plan is to move both the U.S. and Canadian ports to Massena but it could take many years to resolve this issue and construct a permanent port.
|Entering the U.S. at Massena||Entering Canada at Cornwall
At 3:00 pm EDT
3 lane(s) open
At 3:00 pm EDT
1 lane(s) open
Map of Seaway Bridge Border Crossing Area with Real-time Traffic
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in color if information is available. You may toggle the traffic display on or off by clicking the traffic button. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Current Road Conditions in New York and Ontario
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Ontario. These pages show problems such as roadway snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork.
Seaway Bridge Border Crossing Information
- This border crossing is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week for autos and commercial traffic
- See our page Tolls for Bridges Along the U.S. Canada Border for toll rates for this bridge
Seaway Bridge Travel Tips
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Cornwall, Ontario and here is another link to hotels in Massena, New York.
- The bridge is pretty well marked as to which lanes to use for autos, RV’s, or trucks.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- You can also get Ontario road information by phone by calling the following numbers: Provincial Call Centre: 1-800-268-4686, Toronto Area: 416-235-4686, Provincial TTY: 1-866-471-8929, Niagara Region TTY: 905-704-2426
- There is a Duty Free America’s shop at the American Bridge Plaza. Telephone: (315) 769 – 2640
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at the Seaway Bridge
- Massena U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (315) 769-3091
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
- Seaway International Bridge Corporation Telephone Number: 613-932-6601. Use this telephone number for questions about bridge tolls and bridge information.
Seaway Bridge Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 44.990520, -74.739631