Highgate Springs / Saint-Armand / Phillipsburg – VT 89 / QC 133
Highgate Springs is the busiest border crossing between Vermont and Canada and one of the largest between the countries. It is on a major truck corridor and is in the top 10 for total truck traffic. Long waits do occur at peak periods.
Interstate 89 does not become an Autoroute upon entry into Quebec. It is a divided highway for about 5 miles and then becomes a 2 lane road. There are plans to extend route 35 which would create a freeway-to-freeway connection.
Current Road and Traffic Conditions at Highate Springs / St Armand
Always check our page with current road conditions, traffic, and border wait times to see real-time information on the Highate Springs / St. Armand port.
Highgate Spring / St. Armand Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 x 7 for auto and commercial services
- Nexus lanes into Canada open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day
- Nexus lanes into US open 7 days a week, 6:30am to 8am and is usually open 3:30pm to 6pm on Fridays.
- FAST equipped
- This is a Class A U.S. port which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Map of Highate Springs / St. Armand Border Crossing Area
This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Highgate Springs / St Armand Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to Vermont hotels nearest the port and hotels in Montreal, Canada which is the nearest major Canadian city.
- We have seen suggestions to try the very low volume Morses Line crossing as an alternative route at congested times but you have to gauge the benefit of exiting the higher speed freeways and travelling to a rural crossing.
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Vermont Transportation has an Interstate Freeway Map that shows the exit numbers on Interstate 89 which serves this border crossing.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop at 5711 US Route 7. Telephone (802) 868-7774.
- GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:45.015531, -73.084445
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Highgate Springs
- Highgate Springs U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (802) 868-2778
- Call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian Port at Saint-Armand / Phillipsburg