Highgate Springs / Saint-Armand / Phillipsburg – VT 89 / QC 133
Highgate Springs is the busiest border crossing between Vermont and Canada and one of the highest volume ports between the countries. Long waits do occur at this port during peak periods. It is on a major truck corridor and is in the top 10 of all U.S. and Canadian ports in total truck traffic. Quebec has been working on upgrading Autoroute 35 for many years and it is anticipated that it will provide a 25 mile direct link between U.S. I-89 and the city of Montreal sometime around 2025.
Current Road and Traffic Conditions at Highate Springs / St. Armand
Always check our page with current road conditions, traffic, and border wait times to see real-time information on the Highgate Springs / St. Armand port.
Highgate Spring / St. Armand Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 x 7 for auto and commercial services
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. Nexus lanes are not typically open 24 x 7 so we have a separate page showing their hours of operation.
- FAST equipped.
Map of Highate Springs / St. Armand Border Crossing Area
Travel Tips for the Highgate Springs / St. Armand Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to Vermont hotels nearest the port and hotels in Montreal, Canada which is the nearest major Canadian city.
- We have seen suggestions to try the very low volume Morses Line crossing as an alternative route at congested times but you have to gauge the benefit of exiting the higher speed freeways and travelling to a rural crossing.
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Vermont Transportation has an Interstate Freeway Map that shows the exit numbers on Interstate 89 which serves this border crossing.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop at 5711 US Route 7. Telephone (802) 868-7774.
- GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:45.015531, -73.084445
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Highgate Springs
- Highgate Springs U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (802) 868-2778
- Call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian Port at Saint-Armand / Phillipsburg