Oroville / Osoyoos Border Crossing – U.S. Hwy 97 / BC Hwy 97
- Hours of operation: 24 Hr service year round
- FAST Lanes are available
- Entering Canada – Typically 1 lane only, 2nd lane in summer daytime, 3rd lane on occasion
- Entering the U.S. – three multi-purpose traffic lanes, two lanes dedicated for trucks and one bus lane. Truck lane not always open
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Oroville / Osoyoos
- Oroville U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (509) 476-2955
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Map of Oroville / Osoyoos Border Crossing Area
Current traffic information is shown in color if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roads in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips for the Oroville / Osoyoos Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Oroville, Washington and here is another link to hotels in Osoyoos, Canada.
- Friday and Sunday afternoons – busiest times of the week with waits up to 1 HR
- Busiest time of year is the British Columbia Day long weekend in August 1 and 4
- There are Traffic Advisory Signs northbound travelers on Hwy. 97. The first sign is located near the Okanogan River, just south of Oroville, and the second sign is located near the intersection of Hwy 97 and Westlake Road near the Prince’s Foods supermarket.
- You can get customized traffic information for Washington over the phone using the 511 system. Simply dial 5-1-1 and say “traffic”. Next say the road number, such as “5,” and receive up-to-the-minute updates on the road segment you plan to use. If you cannot dial 511 on your phone you can also use the toll-free number 1-800-695-7623
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- There is an Osoyoos Duty Free shop at 202 97th Street, Osoyoos, BC. Their telephone number is 250-495-7288.
- There is a Duty Free Americas shop at 33606D Highway 97 in Oroville. Their telephone number is (509) 476 – 3114. Hours: 8am to 8pm Monday thru Sunday
- Oroville / Osoyoos GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:</strong>49.000239, -119.46225
- Send us YOUR tips about this port.
Real-time camera of U.S. border crossing
Looking North as you approach the Canadian Customs on U.S. Hwy 97.
Current Road Conditions in Washington and British Columbia
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Washington and the Province of British Columbia. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Traffic Alerts for Northeast Washington
Below are the travel alerts issued by the Washington State Department of Transportation for Northeast Washington which includes the area around the border crossing. This reports all major accidents, weather related problems, construction and other events that may affect your travel.
Washington State-wide Silver Alert Plan is activated in response to the report of a missing person. WSP is asking for help in locating the following vehicle, a 2009 Silver Hyundai Santa Fe with WA license 045ZXY. If you have any information, call 911. Last Updated: 8/23/2017 7:43 AM
US 2 Northbound -
Left lane closed on US 2 northbound at milepost 292 on Division from Cozza to Country Homes beginning at 7:40 pm on August 22, 2017 until about 9:00 am August 23, 2017. Last Updated: 8/23/2017 6:10 AM
At milepost 292
Browne Both Directions -
Browne Avenue between 5th and 6th Avenue will be closed for one week starting Monday, August 7. Traffic will be detoured to use Division and 7th Avenue Last Updated: 8/15/2017 6:13 PM
Sprague Both Directions -
City of Spokane: Sprague Avenue will remain closed from Napa Street to just west of Helena. Last Updated: 8/3/2017 3:56 PM
SR 21 Both Directions -
SR 21 milepost 145.5 at Gold Creek, 17 miles south of Republic has a one-lane bridge with a 10 mile per hour speed limit beginning 6:25 pm April 21, 2017 until further notice. Follow traffic control in place and yield to on-coming traffic. Last Updated: 4/26/2017 12:02 PM
At milepost 146
Spokane Falls Both Directions -
Spokane Falls Blvd is closed between Lincoln and Monroe Street.
Lincoln Street from Spokane Falls Blvd to Main is a southbound street for the duration of this project. Lincoln has two lanes of traffic, and drivers are required to go east or west at Main Avenue. The right lane of Spokane Falls Boulevard will be closed around the corner of Lincoln Street until Wednesday, August 23rd. Last Updated: 8/22/2017 5:41 PM
US 2 Both Directions -
Roundabout construction just west of Airway Heights. Expect lane restrictions and possible delays. Last Updated: 8/9/2017 3:53 PM
From milepost 275 to milepost 278
US 2 Both Directions -
Grinding and paving with lane restrictions and possible delays. Last Updated: 8/9/2017 9:44 AM
From milepost 291 to milepost 293
US 395 Both Directions -
Grinding and paving underway with possible lane restrictions and flaggers directing traffic. Expect delays. Last Updated: 8/9/2017 9:44 AM
From milepost 222 to milepost 232
SR 290 Both Directions -
Grinding and paving underway during evening and overnight hours with lane restrictions. Last Updated: 8/9/2017 9:29 AM
From milepost 3 to milepost 11
SR 291 Northbound -
Grinding on Francis Avenue from Winston Drive to 9 Mile Road will start Monday, July 31. Traffic will be limited to single lane closures throughout this closure. Last Updated: 7/31/2017 4:39 PM
From milepost 3 to milepost 4
Trails Rd Northbound -
Spokane County: Lane restrictions for roadway excavation, embankment compaction, and paving. Expect delays. Last Updated: 7/31/2017 4:20 PM
Market St Both Directions -
Spokane County: Lane restrictions for road and utility work. Expect delays. Estimated day to complete this work is August 8th, 2017. Last Updated: 7/31/2017 4:10 PM
Lincoln Northbound -
Thursday, August 24 starting at 10 a.m. the eastside lane of Lincoln Street between Riverside and Main Avenue will be closed. Minor work remains and drivers should expect some lane restrictions. Last Updated: 8/22/2017 5:46 PM
US 2 Both Directions -
Drivers should expect evening and overnight lane restrictions along with daytime shoulder restrictions. Be alert for possible slow traffic and congestion. Grooved pavement may be present. Motorcyclists should use extreme caution. Last Updated: 8/17/2017 11:17 AM
From milepost 297 to milepost 300
SR 174 Both Directions -
Drivers should be alert for single lane traffic controlled by flaggers when work is underway. Reduced speed in effect when loose gravel is present on the roadway. Last Updated: 5/23/2017 11:53 AM
From milepost 23 to milepost 41
SR 21 Both Directions -
Drivers should be alert for single lane traffic controlled by flaggers when work is underway. Reduced speed in effect when loose gravel is present on the roadway. Last Updated: 5/23/2017 11:51 AM
From milepost 91 to milepost 107
Click an icon below to print, email, or share this page with friends, family, or colleagues: