Eastport / Kingsgate Border Crossing
Eastport is a fairly heavily used port which is located on U.S. Hwy 95 and British Columbia Hwy 95. Canada constructed a new customs facility in 2012 which has a primary inspection canopy over three lanes. It features bi-level booths with a standard-level window for cars and trucks a window at a height suitable for semis. A separate warehouse has two bays to allow the complete offloading of semis when a total search is necessary. On occasions when semis crossing at Rykerts or Roosville must be searched, they are escorted by Canadian Customs to this facility.
Eastport / Kingsgate border crossing information
- Both the U.S. and Canadian ports are open 24 Hrs per day, 7 days a week, year round.
Idaho and British Columbia Road Advisories
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for both the State of Idaho and for the Province of British Columbia. These pages show all weather conditions, lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork around the Eastport / Kingsgate border crossing.
Eastport / Kingsgate Border Crossing Travel Tips
- To hear current road conditions in British Columbia you can call (800)-550-4997.
- You can get current road condition information in Idaho by calling 511 or 888-432-7623.
- Whitlash, MT handles all the export clearance for Eastport.
- There is a Duty Free Americas Shop at Highway 95 & Canadian Border in Eastport. Telephone: (208) 267 – 9598. Hours: 7am to 9pm Monday thru Sunday
- There is a BC Duty Free Shop at 6982 Highway 95 in Yahk, BC. Telephone 250-424-5255
- Eastport / Kingsgate GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: : 49.00072, -116.18087
Traffic Camera Near the Eastport Border Crossing
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Eastport / Kingsgate
- Eastport U.S. Customs Border Office Telephone Number: (208) 267-3966
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.