Coburn Gore / Woburn Border Crossing – ME State Route 27 / QC 161, Chemin des Lignes
The Maine border near Quebec is a rugged mountain area that is very lightly populated. It is joked that there are more moose-crossing signs than stop signs. This and Jackman are the only two border crossings between Maine and Quebec that are open 24 hours per day.
At this writing the Coburn Gore is basically a 2 lane border crossing with a gas station and nearby lumber company. The U.S. Border Patrol has installed new signage 2,000 feet before the border because people were surprised to find they we upon the border crossing and stopped between the two countries port of entry. It is very lightly used so you should not find much in the way of traffic delays.
Corburn Gore / Woburn Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Coburn Gore / Woburn Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips – Coburn Gore / Woburn Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Maine or by dialing 1-866-282-7578.
- Québec 511 also maintains a telephone service, available 24/7, which provides “almost” real time road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Snowmobilers crossing the border into the United States or Canada without FIRST reporting to an open port of Entry for inspection are subject to possible arrest, fines of up to $5000 and/or the loss of their snowmobile.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Coburn Gore and Woburn
- Coburn Gore U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 297-2501
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Coburn Gore / Woburn Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.378639, -70.808218