Estcourt Station / Pohénégamook – Frontier Road / Rang de la Frontiere
The eastern Maine border is a rugged mountain area that is very lightly populated. The tiny town of Estcourt Station has few amenities and a very small population. It is the northernmost point in Maine at the southern end of Lake Pohenegamook.
Estcourt Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited hours such as this one can change, so you may want to call the border office using the contact information below or otherwise confirm its hours of operation before you approach the border.
- The U.S. hours of operation for this border crossing are typically 9:00am – 5:00pm weekdays (Monday-Friday), closed on weekends and holidays.
- The Canadian hours of operation are listed as 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (except holidays and Canadian Labor Day). No weekend hours are shown. Commercial Services are listed as available between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday (except holidays and Canadian Labor Day).
Road Advisories for Maine and District of Edmundston
We have a special page showing all current road advisories for the northern part of the state of Maine. This page lists all lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork. We have a second page that shows road conditions for the Canadian District of Edmundston.POHENEGAMOOK WEATHER
Estcourt Border Crossing Traveler Tips
- Traffic and road condition updates
- You can get 24/7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Maine or by dialing 1-866-282-7578.
- Québec 511 also maintains a telephone service, available 24/7, which provides “almost” real time road conditions information. From within Quebec province, call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1-888-355-0511 toll free.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
- Estcourt Port GPS coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: 47.455103, -69.229660
Estcourt Station and Pohenegamook Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Estcourt Station and Pohenegamook
- US Customs for Estcourt Station is located at 1275 Rue de la Frontière, Estcourt, ME 04741, Canada. The telephone number is (418) 859-2501.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Pohenegamook, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.