Estcourt Station / Pohénégamook – Frontier Road / Rang de la Frontiere
The eastern Maine border is a rugged mountain area that is very lightly populated. The tiny town of Estcourt Station has few amenities and a very small population. It is the northernmost point in Maine at the southern end of Lake Pohenegamook.
Estcourt Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- The U.S. hours of operation for this border crossing are 6:00 AM-9:00 PM Weekdays (Monday-Friday) and
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Saturday. It does not appear to be open on Sunday.
- The Canadian hour of operation are listed as 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (except holidays and Canadian Labour Day). No weekend hours are shown. Commercial Services are listed as available between 9:00 and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (except holidays and Canadian Labour Day).
Road Advisories for Maine and District of Edmundston
We have a special page showing all current road advisories for the northern part of the State of Maine. This page lists all lane closures or blockages, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork. We have a second page that shows road conditions for the Canadian District of Edmundston.
Estcourt Border Crossing Traveler Tips
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Maine or by dialing 1-866-282-7578.
- Québec 511 also maintains a telephone service, available 24/7, which provides “almost” real time road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
- Estcourt Port GPS coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: 47.455103, -69.229660
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Estcourt Station and Pohenegamook
- US Customs for Estcourt Station is located at 1275 Rue de la Frontière, Estcourt, ME 04741, Canada. The Telephone Number is (418) 859-2501
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Pohenegamook call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Estcourt Station and Pohenegamook Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.