Ferry Point Crossing – Calais / Saint Stephen – Maine Route 9 / New Brunswick Route 1
This is one of the two older border crossings in Calais / Saint Stephen that was helped by the International Avenue crossing that opened in 2010. Ferry Point had suffered from significant congestion, as it was once a major commercial crossing. This port is now available to automobiles only – trucks and other commercial vehicles will be turned around and sent to the International Avenue crossing.
Ferry Point Port Information
- Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round
- No commercial services are offered at this port. Trucks will be turned around if they approach this port.
Wait Times at the Ferry Point / Calais Border Crossing
|Estimated wait time to reach the inspection booth. Updated hourly.||Entering the U.S. at Ferry Point – Open 24 hrs/day|
|Entering Canada at Ferry Point|
|Personal Vehicles||Lanes Closed|
Current Road Conditions in Maine and New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the Ferry Point border crossing in Calais.CALAIS WEATHER
Traffic Camera Near the Ferry Point Border Crossing
Ferry Point Border Crossing Travel Tips
- Pedestrians are allowed to cross at this port, and many people walk between the St. Stephen and Calais shopping areas.
- You can dial 511 or 1-866-282-7578 on your phone to access 24/7 road conditions information in Maine.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system, so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- RV travelers should note that the Calais International crossing has a lot more room than this older port.
- Ferry Point Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:45.192018, -67.283629
Traffic Conditions Map for the Ferry Point Avenue Border Crossing
To view the traffic conditions at the Calais border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ferry Point / Calais
- Ferry Point U.S. customs office telephone number: (207) 454-3621
- Call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian Port at Ferry Point in Calais