Forest City Border Crossing – Forest City Road
This is a very sleepy town with a very low volume border crossing. It is reported that many days see fewer than 5 cars crossing the border at this location. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Forest City Port Information
- U.S. Hours of operation as follows: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM EST, Seven Days A Week during the summer. During the winter the port is only open Monday through Saturday.
- The Canadian port has the following hours of operation: Summer – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm AT, 7 days a week, Winter 9am to 5pm AT Monday through Saturday. Forest City POE will close on Sundays from Labour Day (the first Monday of September) to the United States Memorial Day (last Monday of May).
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Fredericton District in New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Forest City Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Traveller Tips – Forest City
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Forest City
- Forest City U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 448-2288
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Forest City Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45°39’48″N 67°43’40″W