Fort Fairfield / Perth-Andover Border Crossing – Maine Route 167, Boundary Line Road / New Brunswick route 190
The port at Fort Fairfield is a fairly busy border crossing. Be advised that there are several roads in the area that once crossed the border that have now been closed. This impacted a cross-border golf club and some Canadian and American properties that for the past 80 years had been illegally accessed by these back roads. Now Canadian golfers have to go through an official border crossing to reach the club. There are signs, in both English and French, informing individuals when they are travelling along a road that has an illegal point of entry. There have been arrests for ignoring these warnings.
Fort Fairfield / Perth-Andover Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port if open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Canadian commercial services are available 8:00 am to midnight, 7 days a week.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and the Edmundston District of NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Fort Fairfield / Perth-Andover Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Travel Tips – Fort Fairfield / Perth-Andover Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Send us YOUR tips for this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Fort Fairfield and Perth-Andover
- Fort Fairfield U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 473-7474
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Fort Fairfield Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46°45’55″N 67°47’20″W