Houlton / Woodstock Ports of Entry – US Interstate 95 / New Brunswick Highway 95, Woodstock Road
This is a major border crossing with traffic volume that ranks in the top 25% of all crossings between the two countries. It is a major truck portal. This is the northern terminus of U.S. Interstate 95, which is the primary highway running along the east coast from Florida to Maine.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Houlton / Woodstock Border Crossing Information
- Both the U.S. Houlton port and the Canadian port of Woodstock are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round. Commercial services are available at all times.
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. Nexus lanes are not typically open 24/7, so we have a separate page showing their hours of operation.
- FAST equipped.
Current Road Conditions and Traffic at Houlton / Woodstock Ports of Entry
Always check our page with current traffic, road conditions,and border wait times to see what’s happening right now at the Houlton / Woodstock border crossing.
Travel Tips – Houlton / Woodstock Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Houlton, Maine and another to hotels in Woodstock, Canada.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24/7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system, so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- The Atlantic Travel Centre provides duty free shopping at the border in Canada. It’s open seven days a week:
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- They have extended hours during heavy shopping periods.
- Telephone: 800-463-3030.
- Houlton / Richmond Corner Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46.135003, -67.781176
Houlton and Woodstock Ports of Entry Location Map
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Houlton / Woodstock
- The U.S. customs office of Houlton is located at Route 95 at the Border, Houlton, ME 04730. You can call them at (207) 532-2131.
- For Canadian customs at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.