Houlton / Woodstock Ports of Entry – US Interstate 95 / New Brunswick Highway 95, Woodstock Road
This is a major border crossing with traffic volume that ranks in the top 25% of all crossings between the two countries. It is a major truck portal. This is the northern terminus of U.S. Interstate 95 which is the primary highway running along the east coast from Florida to Maine.
Houlton / Woodstock Border Crossing Information
- Both the U.S. Houlton port, and the Canadian port of Woodstock are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, year around. Commercial services are available at all times.
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. Nexus lanes are not typically open 24 x 7 so we have a separate page showing their hours of operation.
- FAST equipped
Current Road Conditions and Traffic at Houlton / Woodstock Ports of Entry
Always check our page with current traffic, road conditions,and border wait times to see what’s happening right now at the Houlton / Woodstock border crossing.
Travel Tips – Houlton / Woodstock Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Houlton, Maine and here is another link to hotels in Woodstock, Canada.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- The Atlantic Travel Centre provides duty free shopping at the border in Canada. It is open Seven Days A Week – Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri: 8:00am to 6:00pm. They have extended hours during heavy shopping periods. Telephone: 800-463-3030.
- Houlton / Richmond Corner Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46.135003, -67.781176
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Houlton / Woodsotck
- The U.S. Customs Office of Houlton is located at Route 95 at the Border, Houlton, ME 04730. You can call them at (207) 532-2131
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.