Houlton / Woodstock Ports of Entry – US Interstate 95 / New Brunswick Highway 95, Woodstock Road
This is a major border crossing with traffic volume that ranks in the top 25% of all crossings between the two countries. It is a major truck portal. This is the northern terminus of U.S. Interstate 95, which is the primary highway running along the east coast from Florida to Maine.
Houlton / Woodstock Border Crossing Information
- Both the U.S. Houlton port and the Canadian port of Woodstock are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round. Commercial services are available at all times.
- This port has NEXUS lanes for entering the U.S. or Canada. Nexus lanes are not typically open 24/7, so we have a separate page showing their hours of operation.
- FAST equipped.
Current Road Conditions and Traffic at Houlton / Woodstock Ports of Entry
Always check our page with current traffic, road conditions,and border wait times to see what’s happening right now at the Houlton / Woodstock border crossing.
Travel Tips – Houlton / Woodstock Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Houlton, Maine and another to hotels in Woodstock, Canada.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24/7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system, so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- The Atlantic Travel Centre provides duty free shopping at the border in Canada. It’s open seven days a week:
- Saturday and Sunday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- They have extended hours during heavy shopping periods.
- Telephone: 800-463-3030.
- Houlton / Richmond Corner Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 46.135003, -67.781176
Houlton and Woodstock Ports of Entry Location Map
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Houlton / Woodstock
- The U.S. customs office of Houlton is located at Route 95 at the Border, Houlton, ME 04730. You can call them at (207) 532-2131.
- For Canadian customs at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.