This is one of the two older border crossings in Calais / Saint Stephen, and it has been helped immensely by the opening of International Avenue crossing to its west. Milltown used to suffer from significant congestion and delays, but they have subsided dramatically. This port is now available to automobiles only – trucks and other commercial vehicles will be turned around and sent to the International Avenue crossing.
Milltown Port Information
- Hours of operation
- Canadian hours of operation: 7 days a week, 7am-7pm
- U.S. hours of operation: 7 days a week, 8am-4pm
- Autos only! No trucks.
- NEXUS not available
- Location: North Street / Milltown Boulevard
Wait Times at the Milltown Border Crossings
|Estimated wait time to reach the inspection booth. Updated hourly.||Entering the U.S. at Calais Milltown – Open 6 am-6 pm|
Last Update: At 4:00 pm EDT
|Entering Canada at Milltown|
Last Update: 2022-07-05 18:14 ADT
|Personal Vehicles||no delay||No delay|
|Commercial Vehicles||N/A||Not applicable|
Traffic Camera Near the Milltown Border Crossing
Current Road Conditions in Maine and New Brunswick
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the Milltown border crossing.CALAIS WEATHER
Travel Tips – Milltown Border Crossing
- RV travelers should note that the new Calais International crossing has a lot more room than this older port.
- Pedestrians are allowed to cross at this port.
- You can dial 511 or 1-866-282-7578 on your phone to access 24/7 road conditions information in Maine.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system, so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province, or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Milltown Border Crossing GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.170133, -67.296702
Traffic Map of the Milltown / St. Stephen Border Crossing Area
To view the traffic conditions at the Calais border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Milltown
- Milltown U.S. Customs Office Contact Information: (207) 454-3713, address 372 N St Exd, Calais, ME 04619.
- Canadian Customs is located at 480 Milltown Boulevard, P.O. Box 160, St. Stephen NB E3L 2X1. To reach them, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), who can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.