Orient / Fosterville Border Crossing – Boundary Road / New Brunswick Route 122
This is a very small border crossing with limited hours. The Canadian port at Fosterville handles around 30 cars a day. The port is used primarily by local residents, seasonal residents and businesses on both sides of the border. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Orient / Fosterville Port Information
- The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol port summer hours are 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST, seven Days A Week, during the months of June, July and August. The rest of the year the hours are limited to 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST, Seven Days A Week.
- The Canadian port summer hours are 8:00 am to 12pm ADT from the last Monday of May to first Monday of September, 7 days a week. Winter hours are 8am to 6pm 7 days a week.
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Fredericton District in NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Orient / Fosterville Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of the area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips – Orient / Fosterville Customs and Border Crossing
- No access is allowed when the US gates are closed.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Orient and Fosterville
- Orient U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 448-2427
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Orient Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45°49’0″N 67°46’50″W
IMPORTANT UPDATE! U.S. Reducing Port Hours. See COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.