Orient / Fosterville Border Crossing – Boundary Road / New Brunswick Route 122
This is a very small border crossing with limited hours. The Canadian port at Fosterville handles around 30 cars a day. The port is used primarily by local residents, seasonal residents and businesses on both sides of the border. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Orient / Fosterville Port Information
- The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Summer Operational Hours: 7:00 AM-7:00 PM (Eastern). Winter Operational Hours: 7:00 AM-5:00 PM (Eastern)
- The Canadian hours are: Summer – Last Monday of May to 1st Monday of September: 08:00 to 24:00 7 days a week (including holidays). Winter: 1st Monday of September to last Monday of May 08:00 to 18:00 7 days a week (including holidays)
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Fredericton District in NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Travel Tips – Orient / Fosterville Customs and Border Crossing
- No access is allowed when the US gates are closed.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Orient Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45°49’0″N 67°46’50″W
- Canadian Services at this port:
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Orient and Fosterville
- Orient U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 448-2427
- the Canadian Customs office is located at 4575 Route 122, Fosterville, NB E6H 2B6, Canada. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Orient and Fosterville Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.