Orient / Fosterville Border Crossing – Boundary Road / New Brunswick Route 122
This is a very small border crossing with limited hours. The Canadian port at Fosterville handles around 30 cars a day. The port is used primarily by local residents, seasonal residents and businesses on both sides of the border. The road is blocked with locked gates when the border crossing is closed.
Orient / Fosterville Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- The U.S. Customs and Border Patrol website states that the U.S. port at this location is open 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM, seven Days A Week, during the months of June, July and August. The rest of the year the hours are limited to 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Seven Days A Week.
- The Canadian border services also show seasonal hours as follows: 8:00 am to midnight May 15 to November 30, 7 days a week. December 1 to May 14, 9:00 am to to 5:00 pm Sunday to Friday, and 8:00 am to midnight Saturday, 7 days a week.
- Canadian commercial services are listed as available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
Current Road Conditions in Maine and Fredericton District in NB
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the province of New Brunswick. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the Orient / Fosterville Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of the area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips – Orient / Fosterville Customs and Border Crossing
- It appears that PortPASS/CanPASS Credentials are still useful during certain periods but we suggest you confirm this directly with the border offices before attempting a border crossing. The penalties for illegal border crossings are significant and neither accident or ignorance will excuse you from their imposition. The Canadian border services have this notation on their website – “After hours entry is restricted to CANPASS Remote Ports Permit Participants only, during the following hours until further notice “December 1, 2009 to May 14, 2010” 8:00 am to 9:00 pm and 5:00 am to 6:00 pm Sunday-Friday. We have also seen this explained as meaning that you can use PortPASS/CanPASS credentials at this port when the US border gates are still open and Canada Customs have closed. No access is allowed when the US gates are closed.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Orient and Fosterville
- Orient U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 448-2427
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Orient Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45°49’0″N 67°46’50″W