Saint Leonard-Van Buren Bridge – Van Buren / Saint-Leonard – Bridge Street / Bridge Street, Rue du Pont
Port Information for the St. Leonard-Van Buren Bridge
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, year around.
- Canadian commercial services are available 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays)
- The U.S. port was rebuilt in 2013 to accomodate 3 lanes for traffic with the capability of expanding to 4. It can handle all types of commercial traffic. The new facility two garages for large vehicle inspection, separate enclosed areas for K-9 units, training areas for agents, an agricultural testing lab and state of the art technology.
Current Road Conditions around the St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Border Crossing
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Maine and the Province of Edmundston. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Map of the St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Border Crossing Area
Current traffic information is shown in color if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roads in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Travel Tips – St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels near Van Buren, Maine and here is another link to hotels near St. Leonard, Canada which is the nearest major city.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24 x 7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
- Send us YOUR tips on this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Van Buren / St. Leonard
- Van Buren U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (207) 868-3391. Location Address: 173 Acadian WayVan Buren, ME 04785
- For Canadian Customs at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) who can answer your questions or transfer your call to the Canadian port.
St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 47°9’34″N 67°55’55″W
IMPORTANT UPDATE! U.S. Reducing Port Hours. See COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.