Saint Leonard-Van Buren Bridge – Van Buren / Saint-Leonard – Located at Bridge Street and Bridge Street, Rue du Pont
This is a very busy border crossing that ranks in the top 25% for total traffic between the U.S. and Canada.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Port Information for the St. Leonard-Van Buren Bridge
- Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round.
- Canadian commercial services are available 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday (except holidays).
- This port can accommodate 3 lanes for traffic, with the capability of expanding to 4. It can handle all types of commercial traffic. The facility has two garages for large vehicle inspection, separate enclosed areas for K-9 units, training areas for agents, an agricultural testing lab, and state of the art technology.
Current Road Conditions around the St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Border Crossing
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Maine and the province of Edmundston. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.VAN BUREN WEATHER
Travel Tips – St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels near Van Buren, Maine and here is another link to hotels near St. Leonard, Canada which is the nearest major city.
- You can get Maine road advisories and construction information 24/7 by calling 5-1-1 or 866-282-7578.
- New Brunswick is also part of the 511 system, so you can obtain similar information by calling 511 from within the province or 800-561-4063 from anywhere else in North America.
- The natural beauty of this remote area also means there are much fewer travel services. Make sure you keep track of the weather, fill up your gas tank at all major towns, and carry an emergency road kit.
- St. Leonard / Van Buren Bridge Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 47°9’34″N 67°55’55″W
Van Buren and Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Van Buren / St. Leonard
- The Van Buren U.S. Customs Office is located at 173 Acadian Way, Van Buren, ME 04785.
Telephone Number: (207) 868-3391.
- The Canadian customs office is located at 10 Rue du Pont St. Leonard NB E7E 1Y1. For Canadian Customs at St Leonard, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), who can answer your questions or transfer your call to the Canadian port.