Roseau / South Junction – Minnesota Highway 310 / Manitoba Provincial Road 310
This is a lightly traveled border crossing between the United States and Canada with many more vacation travellers or local resident cars than trucks. This port has limited hours of operation. Travelers wishing to cross into the U.S. after hours may cross at the Warroad, Minnesota, POE open 24 hours and located approximately 21 miles east of Roseau.
Roseau / South Junction Port Information
- The US port at Roseau is open between 8am and 8pm CST, 7 days per week
- The Canadian port at South Junction is open 8am to midnight, 7 days a week after Canada reversed course on matching the US hours. However, if you are traveling after 8pm you should confirm with the Canadian port that they will be open when you arrive as they could at some point go ahead and match the US hours.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information
Travel Tips for Roseau / South Junction Customs and Border Crossing
- We understand that Canadian Customs officers interview you from the passenger side of your vehicle. You should therefore roll down the back window on the passenger side to allow them visibility to the back seat.
- Minnesota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in the state. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system and then enter the highway number for incident reports. The 511 out-of-state phone number is: (800) 542-0220.
- Port GPS Coordinates – Longitude and Latitude: 48.999658, -95.766540
Contact Information for the Roseau and South Junction Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The Roseau U.S. Customs Office is located at 41967 State Hwy 310, Roseau, MN 56751-8002. You may call them at (218) 463-2054
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Current Driving Conditions for Minnesota and Manitoba
We have a separate page showing current road conditions for the border area in both Minnesota and Manitoba. This includes current traffic, road conditions, construction, weather issues such as snow or flooding, construction, detours, and other alerts.
Roseau and South Junction Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.