Warroad / Sprague Border Crossing – Minnesota Highway 313 / Manitoba Highway 12
Warroad is the 4th most heavily used border crossing in Minnesota and is the 3rd most used truck crossing in the state. It is in the top half of all border crossings between the U.S. and Canada. The area around this port is an expansive, open wetland bog.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Warroad and Sprague Port Information
- Hours of operation – open 24 hours per day, 7 days week, year-round.
- This port has a NEXUS enrollment center.
- Canadian Commercial Services are only available 8am to 5pm, M-F. This is a Designated Export Office (EXPORT)
- This is a Class A U.S. port, which means it is a designated port for all aliens. Foreign nationals entering the U.S. should use Class A Ports of Entry.
Travel Tips for the Warroad and Sprague Border Crossings
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Minnesota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Manitoba, Canada.
- There is a duty free shop at this border crossing.
- Minnesota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in the state. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system and then enter the highway number for incident reports. The 511 out-of-state phone number is: (800) 542-0220.
- Port GPS Coordinates – longitude and latitude: 48.998967, -95.376067
Minnesota and Manitoba Road Condition Reports
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Minnesota and the province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.WARROAD WEATHER
Traffic Camera Near the Warroad Border Crossing
Warroad and Sprague Ports of Entry Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Warroad and Sprague Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The Warroad U.S. Customs Office is located at 41059 State Hwy 313, Warroad, MN 56763-9411. You may call them at (218) 386-2796.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.