Turner Road, Montana State Highway 241 / Saskatchewan Highway 37
This is a lightly traveled port and it’s service hours change by the season. Be aware that most of Saskatchewan observes Central Standard Time year round and does not shift to Daylight Saving Time. On the other hand, Montana, and some parts of Saskatchewan, switch between MDT – Mountain Daylight Time, and MST – Mountain Standard Time. Note that when daylight savings time changes, the Canadian port hours at Climax shifts to 10 am to 7 pm while Turner Montana remains open 9 am to 6 pm. Be sure to check the current timezone for this border crossing if you are travelling either early in the day or late.
This is one of the few ports where U.S. and Canadian customs officers share the same building.
Turner / Climax Port Information
- U.S. Customs is open 7 days a week with seasonal hours of operation. They are open September 16 to May 31 – 9 am-6 pm MDT. From June 1 to September 15 – 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Canadian Customs is also open 7 days a week with seasonal hours of operation. From the second Sunday in March to May 31: 9 am to 6 pm. From June 1 to September 15: 8 am to 9 pm. September 16 to the first Saturday in November: 9 am to 6 pm. From the first Sunday in November until the second Saturday in March the hours are 10 am to 7 pm.
- Canadian Commercial services are also seasonal and have more limited hours of operation so call the border office to confirm their exact hours.
- Turner is a Permit Port, which means that importations of cargo must be approved in advance by the Area Port of Sweetgrass.
Travel Tips for the Turner / Climax Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get Montana road condition information by phone by calling 1.800.226.7623 or 1.800.335.7592 (TTY)
- Saskatchewan also has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623.
- Turner / Climax Port GPS coordinates: 48°59’59″N 108°23’16″W
Montana and Saskatchewan Road Advisories
We have a special pages showing all current road conditions and traffic alerts for both the State of Montana and the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages list all lane closures or blockages, weather conditions, road restrictions, traffic problems, warnings, and roadwork.
Contact Information for the Turner and Climax Ports of Entry
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The Turner U.S. Customs Office is located at 41725 Turner Road, Turner, MT 59542-0089. You may call the office at (406) 379-2651
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at the Climax port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Turner and Climax Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
IMPORTANT UPDATE! U.S. Reducing Port Hours. See COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.