Chateaugay / Herdman – New York Route 374, County Road 52 and Quebec Route 202
This is a lightly used border crossing so there are not many border lineups.
Chateaugay and Herdman Port Information
- Both the US port at Chateaugay and the Canadian port at Herdman are open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week
- Commercial Services at both ports are more limited so contact all the border offices for more information at the telephone numbers below.
- The Canadian port is a Designated Export Office (EXPORT)
Chateaugay / Herdman Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
Contact Information for the Chateaugay and Herdman Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The U.S. port at Chateaugay is managed by the Trout River office. You can contact them at (518) 497-6633.
- The Canadian port at Herdman is located at 2705 Douanes Road, Athelstan QC J0S 1A0. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Chateaugay / Herdman Port GPS Coordinates – Longitude and Latitude:
Current Road Conditions in New York State and Quebec Around the Border
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Location and Traffic Map for the Chateaugay and Herdman Ports of Entry
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.