Fort Covington / Dundee – New York Dundee Road / Quebec Highway 132
The Fort Covington border crossing is a rather quiet port although it is somewhat busier in the summer months with recreational travelers.
Fort Covington / Dundee Port Information
- Both the US and Canadian ports are open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week, year round.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information.
Travel Tips for the Fort Covington / Dundee Border Crossing
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Fort Covington / Dundee Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 44.997942, -74.507805
Contact Information for the Fort Covington and Dundee Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The US port at Fort Covington is managed out of the Trout River office which is located at 17013 State Route 30, Constable, NY 12926. You may call them at (518) 358-2444
- The Canadian port of Dundee is located at 8750 Route 132, Ste-Agnes-de-Dundee QC J0S 1L0. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Current NY Roadway and Travel Alerts
We have a separate pages where you can view current travel alerts issued by the New York State Department of Transportation for the Northeast New York or for the entire state. This includes major accidents, weather related problems, construction and other events that may affect your travel.
Current Road Conditions in Ontario
We have a separate page where you can view current road conditions for the Ontario Province. This shows problems such as snow, ice or a water on the main highways in the area.
Fort Covington and Dundee Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.