Mooers / Hemmingford – New York Highway 22 / Quebec Highway 219
This is a small border crossing with limited hours. Confirm border is open in winter before traveling.
Mooers / Hemmingford Port Information
- Both the US port of Mooers and the Canadian port of Hemmingford are open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week but can close during severe winter conditions.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information.
Travel Tips for the Mooers / Hemmingford Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to U.S. hotels in near the border crossing and here is another link to hotels in Montreal Canada.
- You can call 511 in either New York or Québec 24/7 to get “almost” real time road conditions information. You can also call 888 355-0511 to get the Quebec information or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) for New York info.
- Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude:45.004486, -73.603034
Contact Information for the Mooers and Hemmingford Ports of Entry
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The US port of Mooers is run out of the Champlain office. You can contact Customs Officers at: (518)-236-7113
- The Canadian port of Hemmingford has a local address of 1 Route 219 South Hemmingford QC J0L 1H0.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Mooers and Hemmingford Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
IMPORTANT UPDATE! U.S. Reducing Port Hours. See COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.