Overton Corners / Lacolle – NY 276 / QC 221, Route 221
This is a small 2 lane border crossing mostly used by locals. Some travellers recommend using it when you see that the Champlain crossing at Intersate 87 / Autoroute 15 is congested. We have not seen recommendations to use it at all times given the 10-15 minutes added time to leave and return to the high speed freeways.
Overton Corners / Lacolle Port Information
- Hours of Operation – This port is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week
- Commercial Services have more limited hours and are generally only open M-F. Check with the border officials for operational times.
Map of Overton Corners / Lacolle Border Crossing Area
Click on the “Traffic” button to see current traffic information if available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. Drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view if available in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link under the map.
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of New York and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Travel Tips for the Overton Corners / Lacolle Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to U.S. hotels in near the border crossing and here is another link to hotels in Montreal Canada.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Overton Corners and Lacolle
- Overton U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (518) 298-3182
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.
Overton Corners / Lacolle GPS Coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: 45.009919 ,-73.400152