Overton Corners / Lacolle – New York Highway 276 / Quebec Highway 221, Route 221
This is a small 2-lane border crossing mostly used by locals. Some travelers recommend using it when you see that the Champlain crossing at Interstate 87 / Autoroute 15 is congested. We have not seen recommendations to use it at all times, however, since it takes an additional 10-15 minutes to leave and return to the high-speed freeways.
Overton Corners / Lacolle Port Information
- Hours of operation
- U.S. side: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Canadian side: 8am – 8pm ET, 7 days a week for travelers. Commercial services are available 8am – 5pm, Mon – Fri.
- Commercial services have more limited hours and are generally only open M-F. Use the contact info below to check with the border officials for operational times.
Travel Tips for the Overton Corners / Lacolle Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in New York state and here is another link to hotels in Quebec Province on the Canadian side of the border.
- There’s a duty free shop on the Canadian side of the border called Duty Free Lacolle. Its address is 303 Rte 221 sud, QC J0J 1J0, Canada.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information.
- From within Quebec province, call 511 on any phone.
- You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1(888)355-0511 toll free.
- Overton Corners / Lacolle GPS Coordinates – Latitude and Longitude: 45.009919, -73.400152
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of New York and the province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.ROUSES POINT WEATHER
Overton Corners and Lacolle Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Border Customs Offices at Overton Corners and Lacolle
- You can call the Overton Corners U.S. Customs Office at (518) 298-3182.
- The Canadian Port office at Lacolle is located at 300 QC-221 Lacolle, QC, J0J 1J0.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.