Rouses Point / Lacolle – NY 11, NY 9B / QC 223, Route 223
This is a small crossing mostly used by locals. We have seen some recommendations to use this port when you see that the Champlain crossing at Interstate 87 / Autoroute 15 is congested, but it does take some time to return to high speed roadways, so you need to decide if the detour is worthwhile.
Rouses Point / Lacolle Port Information
- Hours of operation
- U.S. side: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Canadian side: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for travelers. Commercial services are available 8am – 5pm, Mon – Fri.
- Commercial services are available M-F. Use the contact information below to check with the border officials for operational times.
Travel Tips for the Rouses Point / Lacolle Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in New York state and here is another link to hotels in Quebec Province on the Canadian side of the border.
- You can call 511 or 888-GO511NY (888-465-1169) in New York to get “almost” real time road conditions information.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information.
- From within Quebec province, call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1(888)355-0511 toll free.
- Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.010370, -73.370878
Current Road Conditions in New York and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of New York and the province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.ROUSES POINT WEATHER
Map of Rouses Point / Lacolle Border Crossing Area with Real-time Traffic
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Rouses Point and Lacolle
- Rouses Point U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: 518-297-2441
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.