Ambrose / Torquay – North Dakota 42 and Saskatchewan 350
This is one of the least-used border crossings in North Dakota, and is the 3rd lowest volume port between the two countries. This port is used mainly by local residents and perhaps a few vacation travelers. It is really off the beaten path through farmland and over some gravel roads.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Ambrose and Torquay Border Crossing Information
- U.S. port hours of operation – 9 AM to 5:00 PM, 7 days week, year-round.
- Canadian port hours of operation
- 8am to 4pm second Sunday in March to the first Saturday in Nov.
- 9am to 7pm Remainder of the year.
- 7 days a week.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and SaskatchewanAMBROSE WEATHER
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of North Dakota and the province of Saskatchewan. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Ambrose / Torquay
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00am and 9:00pm daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333, or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623
- Ambrose / Torquay Port GPS Coordinates: 48.999051, -103.486914
Ambrose and Torquay Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ambrose / Torquay
- Ambrose U.S. Border Office Contact Information: (701) 982-3211
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Torquay call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.