Ambrose / Torquay – ND 42 / SK 350
This is one of the least used border crossings in North Dakota and is the 3rd lowest used port between the two countries. This port is used mainly by local residents and vacation travellers.
Border Crossing Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- Southbound hours of operation – 9 AM to 5:00 PM, 7 days week, year around
- Northbound hours of operation – 8am to 4pm Second Sunday in March to the first Saturday in Nov. 9am to 7pm Remainder of the year. 7 days a week.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information
Map of Ambrose / Torquay Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Saskatchewan
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Saskatchewan . These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Ambrose / Torquay
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily or more often if conditions warrant.
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623
- Send us your tips about this border crossing
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Ambrose / Torquay
- Ambrose U.S. Border Office Contact Information: (701) 982-3211
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.
Ambrose / Torquay Port GPS Coordinates: 48.999051, -103.486914
IMPORTANT UPDATE! U.S. Reducing Port Hours. See COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.