Fortuna / Oungre – US Highway 85 / Saskatchewan Highway 35
This is a relatively lightly-used border crossing. The southern portion of SK Hwy 35 from the Saskatchewan / North Dakota border to Weyburn forms the initial segment of the CanAm Highway. The terrain is mixed prairie featuring rolling moraines and valleys.
Fortuna / Oungre Port Information
- U.S. hours of operation: 9am – 5pm CDT, 7 days a week, year-round.
- Canadian hours of operation:
- 8am – 9pm second Sunday in March to the first Saturday in November.
- 9am – 10pm remainder of the year.
- Open to travelers 7 days a week, commercial services available Mon – Fri
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Fortuna / Oungre
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- SK-35 between the border and Weyburn has been ranked as one of the words roads in Saskatchewan. Drive carefully.
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline, which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623,
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Duty Free Shop at the border: 701-834-2331.
- Latitude and longitude GPS coordinates: 48.999403, -103.809463
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and SaskatchewanFORTUNA WEATHER
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Fortuna and Oungre Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Fortuna and Oungre Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The address for the US Fortuna port of entry is 10935 HWY 85 NW, Fortuna, ND 58844-0037. You may call them at (701) 834-2493.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Oungre call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.