Fortuna / Oungre – US 85 / SK 35
This is a relatively lightly used border crossing. The southern portion of SK Hwy 35 from the Saskatchewan / North Dakota border to Weyburn forms the initial segment of the CanAm Highway. The terrain is mixed prairie featuring rolling moraines and valleys.
Fortuna / Oungre Port Information
- U.S. Port southbound hours of operation 9am to 10pm CDT in the summer and CST in the winter. Open 7 days a week year round.
- Canadian Port hours are seasonal. The port is open 8am to 9pm Second Sunday in March to first Saturday in Nov. 9am to 10pm remainder of the year. Open 7 days a week.
Map of Fortuna / Oungre Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Saskatchewan
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Saskatchewan . These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Fortuna / Oungre
- At one time SK35 between the border and Weybrun was reported to be in very poor condition. This has not been confirmed recently. Please advise us if you have current information.
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily or more often if conditions warrant.
- Duty Free Shop at the border: 701-834-2331
- Send us your tips about this border crossing!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Fortuna / Oungre
- Fortuna U.S. Border Office Contact Information: (701) 834-2493
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the customs office.
Fortuna / Oungre Port Longitude and Latitude GPS Coordinates: 48.999403, -103.809463