Hannah / Snowflake – Port Road / Provincial Road 242
This port rates as one of the 10 least used border crossings between the two countries. Fewer than 100 trucks pass through here every year.
Hannah / Snowflake Port Information
- Hours of operation entering Canada: 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week.
- Hours of operation entering the US: 9am to 5 pm, 7 days a week.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.HANNAH WEATHER
Hannah / Snowflake Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Manitoba, Canada.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system, where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00am and 9:00pm daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Hannah / Snowflake Port GPS Coordinates – Longitude and Latitude: 49.000130, -98.694440
Hannah and Snowflake Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Hannah and Snowflake
- Hannah U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (701) 283-5271
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.