Maida / Windygates – North Dakota 1, 106th Ave NE / Manitoba 31
This is a low-volume port, with only about 1 truck for every 10 cars. It connects the cities of Langdon, ND, and Morden, MB, on the Canada/U.S. border.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Maida / Windygates Port Information
- Hours of operation are 9am – 5pm, 7 days a week.
- Commercial services are available only M-F. Call the border office for more information
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of North Dakota and the province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.LANGDON WEATHER
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Maida and Windygates
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Manitoba, Canada.
- Here is a handy link to hotels near Maida North Dakota, and here is another link to hotels in Winnipeg, Canada – the largest city near the Windygates Canadian border crossing.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system, which gives you up-to-date, location-specific, road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00am and 9:00pm daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Maida / Windygates Port GPS Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 49.000251, -98.364831
Maida and Windygates Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Maida and Windygates
- Maida U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (701) 256-5087
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.