Noonan / Estevan – North Dakota Highway 40 / Saskatchewan Highway 47
Highway 47, heading north out of Estevan up to Stoughton, has been named the “most dangerous highway in Saskatchewan.” The roadway is in bad shape with missing chunks of pavement, ruts, potholes and signs warning of “road hazards ahead.” In addition, Canadian Highway 39, which links Estevan with the city of Regina, is a heavy truck corridor with high traffic volume and has been the site of many fatal traffic accidents. Most of the traffic on the highway consists of large semi-trailer trucks including massive oil field and coal company vehicles. Road improvements have been planned, and there is a 13-kilometer Hwy 39 bypass route north of Estevan.
Noonan / Estevan Customs and Border Crossing Information
- US port of entry hours of operation – 9:00am – 5:00pm CT, 7 days a week.
- Canadian port of entry hours of operation:
- 8am – 9pm CST, 2nd Sunday in March to 1st Saturday in November.
- 9am – 10pm CST for the rest of the year.
- Open to travelers 7 days a week, commercial services Mon – Fri.
Noonan / Estevan Border Crossing Travel Tips
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which provides updated road condition information. You can reach it by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota winter road reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00am and 9:00pm daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota summer road reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- GPS Coordinates – Longitude and Latitude: 48.999248, -103.00493
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and SaskatchewanNOONAN WEATHER
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Noonan and Estevan Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Noonan and Estevan Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The Noonan U.S. Customs Border Office is located at 10945 N 40 Noonan, ND 58765. You may call them at (701) 925-5615.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.