Sarles North Dakota / Crystal City Manitoba – ND-20, 80th Avenue / MB-34
This is a very low volume border crossing with limited hours. Only 10-20 vehicles per day pass through this port daily, so its hours of operation are limited. The nearest ports with longer hours are Hansboro and St. John to the west of Sarles.
Sarles / Crystal City Port Information
- Hours of operation:
- US: 9am – 5pm CT
- Canada: 9am – 5pm CT
- Commercial Services are available only M-F. Call the border office for more information.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of North Dakota and the province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.SARLES WEATHER
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Sarles / Crystal City
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Manitoba, Canada.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system, which gives you up-to-date, location-specific, road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00am and 9:00pm daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Sarles / Crystal City Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 49.000003, -98.937665
Sarles and Crystal City Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Sarles and Crystal City
- Sarles U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (701) 697-5177
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.