Sherwood / Carievale Border Crossing – North Dakota Highway 28 / Saskatchewan Highway 8
The Sherwood–Carievale Border Crossing connects the towns of Sherwood, North Dakota and Carievale, Saskatchewan on the Canada–US border. This is the easternmost border crossing in Saskatchewan. It’s a low-volume port with few border lineups.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Sherwood and Carievale Customs and Border Crossing Information
- The U.S port at Sherwood is open 9am – 5pm CT, 7 days a week, year round.
- The Canadian port at Carievale is open 7 days a week for travelers, Mon – Fri for commercial services.
- 8am – 9pm from the 2nd Sunday in March to the 1st Saturday in November.
- 9am – 10pm the remainder of the year.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Sherwood and Carievale
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- The Sherwood border crossing is the site of an International Memorial Day service and other festivities.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily or more often if conditions warrant.
- Saskatchewan has a voice Highway Hotline which you can reach by calling 306-933-8333 or toll-free in Canada by calling 888-335-7623.
- GPS Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 48.999312°N 101.627871°W
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Saskatchewan around the PortSHERWOOD WEATHER
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Saskatchewan. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Location and Traffic Map for the Sherwood and Carievale Ports of Entry
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Sherwood and Carievale Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The U.S. Customs Office at Sherwood is located at 10927 HWY 28, Sherwood, ND 58782-9705. You can call them at (701) 459-2250. This is US port # 3414.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Carievale, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port. This is Canadian port #612.