Walhalla / Winkler – North Dakota Hwy 32 / Manitoba 31
This is a medium trafficked port, which averages about 150 cars a day over the course of a year. ND highway 32 is the eastern end of the Rendezvous Region Scenic Backway, which North Dakota touts as a historic and scenic roadway.
Walhalla / Winkler Port Information
- Hours of operation on both sides of the border are 8am – 6pm CT, 7 days a week.
- Commercial services are available only M-F. Call the border office for more information.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.WALHALLA WEATHER
Traffic Camera Near Walhalla Border Crossing
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Walhalla / Winkler
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Manitoba, Canada.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system which gives you up-to-date, location-specific, road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00am and 9:00pm daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Walhalla / Winkler Port GPS Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 49.000487, -97.908542
Walhalla and Winkler Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Walhalla and Winkler
- Walhalla U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (701) 549-3233
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.