Walhalla / Winkler – ND 32 / MB 31
This is a medium trafficked port which averages about 150 cars a day over the course of a year. ND highway 32 is the eastern end of the Rendezvous Region Scenic Backway which North Dakota touts as a historic and scenic roadway.
Walhalla / Winkler Port Information
- The service hours for border crossings with limited service hours such as this one can change so you may want to call the border office or otherwise confirm it’s hours of operation.
- Hours of operation are 8am to 10pm, 7 days a week.
- Commercial Services are available only M-F with more limited hours. Call the border office for more information
Map of Walhalla / Winkler Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of North Dakota and the Province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Walhalla / Winkler
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Walhalla, North Dakota hotels in Walhalla North Dakota and here is another link to hotels in Winkler Canada.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system which gives you up-to-date, location-specific, road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily or more often if conditions warrant.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Walhalla and Winkler
- Walhalla U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (701) 549-3233
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.
Walhalla / Winkler Port GPS Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 49.000487, -97.908542
IMPORTANT UPDATE! U.S. Reducing Port Hours. See COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.