Westhope / Coulter – U.S. Route 83 and Manitoba Highway 83
This is a very lightly traveled border crossing with about 1 truck for every 2 cars.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Westhope / Coulter Port Information
- Both the U.S. port at Westhope and the Canadian port of Coulter are open 8am – 4pm CT, 7 days a week, year-round.
- Commercial services are available only M-F. Call the border office at the numbers listed below for more information.
- This is a Canadian Designated Export Office (EXPORT)
Customs and Border Crossing Travel Tips for Westhope / Coulter
- Here is a handy link to hotels in North Dakota, US and here is another link to hotels on the Canadian side of the port in Manitoba, Canada.
- North Dakota utilizes the 511 Traveler Information system, where you can receive up-to-date, location-specific road and weather information on any highway in North Dakota. You simply dial “511” from any phone to reach this system. You can also call 1-866-696-3511.
- North Dakota Winter Road Reports are issued via the 511 system at various intervals between 5:00 AM and 9:00 PM daily, typically from November through mid-April. They are issued more frequently during severe weather events.
- North Dakota Summer Road Reports are issued mid-April through October on the 511 system once daily, or more often if conditions warrant.
- Westhope / Coulter Port GPS Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 48.999614°N 101.017988°W
Current Road Conditions in North Dakota and Manitoba around the Westhope / Coulter Border Crossing
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of North Dakota and the province of Manitoba. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.WESTHOPE WEATHER
Traffic Camera on Highway 281 in N.D. near Westhope Border Crossing
You will likely need to refresh your browser to update the webcam image.
Traffic Camera on Hwy 2 & 83 near the Coulter Border Crossing
Traffic Camera on Hwy 88 @ Hwy 5 Near Westhope Border Crossing
Location and Traffic Map for the Westhope and Coulter Ports of Entry
To view Current Traffic Conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Westhope / Coulter
- The Westhope U.S. Customs Office is located at 10923 Hwy #83, Westhope, ND 58793. You can call them at (701) 245-6194. The U.S. port code is 3419.
- Coulter is Canadian port #524. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS) which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.