Beecher Falls / East Hereford – Vermont Highway 253 & Quebec Township Highway 1 / Quebec 253
There are two ports of entry between Canada and the U.S. in the town of Canaan, Vermont. The most westerly is Canaan / Hereford, while Beecher Falls / East Hereford is further to the east. These fairly low-volume border crossings are used primarily by local residents and vacation travelers.
Before heading to the border, be sure to review our pages on preparing for customs and prohibited items.
Beecher Falls / East Hereford Port Information
- Both the U.S. and Canadian Ports are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for auto traffic.
- There are more limited hours for commercial traffic, so call the Border Office at the numbers listed below for more information.
- No NEXUS or FAST lanes.
Current Road Conditions in Vermont and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Vermont and the province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.CANAAN WEATHER
Travel Tips for Beecher Falls / East Hereford Customs and Border Crossing
- Here is a handy link to hotels in Vermont and here is another link to hotels in Quebec Province on the Canadian side of the border.
- You can get 24/7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec also has the 511 telephone service, available 24/7, which provides road conditions information. From within Quebec province, call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1-888-355-0511 toll free.
- Beecher Falls / East Hereford Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.013391, -71.505316
Location and Traffic Map for the Beecher Falls and East Hereford Ports of Entry
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Contact Information for the Beecher Falls and East Hereford Ports
You may use the telephone numbers below to contact the customs officials and border patrol officers who staff the ports at this border crossing.
- The Beecher Falls U.S. Customs Office is located at Rt. 253 at the Border, Beecher Falls, VT 05902. You can call them at (802) 266-3336.
- The Canadian Customs office is located at 26 Route 253, East Hereford QC J0B 1S0. To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at this port, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.