Norton / Stanhope – Vermont Highway 147 / Quebec 147, Route 147 S
The Norton / Stanhope border crossing is moderately busy border crossing that experiences periodic delays.
Norton / Stanhope Port Information
- Hours of Operation -This port is open 24 hrs per day, 7 days a week for auto and commercial traffic
- No NEXUS or FAST lanes.
Map of the Norton / Stanhope Border Crossing Area
Current traffic conditions are shown on the map in bright colors if data is available. This map is interactive so you may zoom in or out. You can zoom in and drag the orange “man” to the map to see a street view of roadways in this area. You can get directions to this port by clicking on the “Directions” link at the bottom of the map.
Current Border Wait Time Entering the U.S. at Norton
Source: U.S. Customs and Border Patrol
Current Road Conditions in Vermont and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the State of Vermont and the Province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.
Travel Tips for the Norton / Stanhope Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get 24 x 7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec 511 also maintains a telephone service, available 24/7, which provides ”almost” real time road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1 888 355-0511 toll free.
- There is a Canadian duty free shop at the border which lists its hours of operation as 8:00am to 8:00pm January to May, 4:00am to midnight May to September and 8:00am to 9:00pm October to December. Phone: 819-849-9664.
- Send us YOUR tips about this port!
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at X and X
- Norton U.S. Customs Office Telephone Number: (802) 822-5233
- You will need to call the Canadian Border Information Service (CBIS) for information on the Canadian port as they discourage calls directly to the border patrol office.
Norton / Stanhope Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.010833, -71.793345
See our updates and travel tips on the COVID-19 coronavirus travel restrictions.