The Norton / Stanhope border crossing is moderately busy border crossing that experiences periodic delays.
Norton / Stanhope Port Information
- Hours of Operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for auto and commercial traffic.
- No NEXUS or FAST lanes.
- Location: Vermont Highway 147 and Quebec 147, Route 147 S.
Current Road Conditions in Vermont and Quebec
We have special pages showing all current road advisories for the state of Vermont and the province of Quebec. These pages show problems such as roadway accidents, snow or ice, lane closures or blockages, construction, road restrictions, traffic problems, and roadwork around the border crossing.DIXVILLE WEATHER
Travel Tips for the Norton / Stanhope Customs and Border Crossing
- You can get 24/7 information on weather-related road conditions, construction and congestion by calling 5-1-1 within Vermont or by dialing 1-800-ICY-ROAD.
- Québec 511 also maintains a telephone service, available 24/7, which provides ”almost” real time road conditions information. From within Quebec Province call 511 on any phone. You can also reach it from anywhere in North America by calling 1-888-355-0511 toll free.
- There is a Canadian duty free shop at the border which lists its hours of operation as 8:00am-8:00pm January to May, 4:00am to midnight May to September, and 8:00am-9:00pm October to December. Phone: 819-849-9664.
- Norton / Stanhope Port GPS coordinates – Latitude & Longitude: 45.010833, -71.793345
Norton and Stanhope Ports of Entry Location and Traffic Map
To view current traffic conditions at this border crossing, select “View Larger Map” and turn on the traffic layer.
Telephone Numbers for the Border Customs Offices at Norton and Stanhope
- The Norton U.S. Customs Office is located at VT-114, Norton, VT 05907. The telephone number for the port is: (802) 822-5233.
- To contact Canadian Customs or other border patrol services at Stanhope, call the Canadian Border Information Service (BIS), which can answer your questions or transfer you directly to the Canadian port.